Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Review of Mission 2: Culture 

After completing our tasks I prepared the presentation the three of us were happy with the outcome of the mission Daniel made videos inspired by his favourite YouTubers Casey Nistat and Sam Kolder and Lateef talked about the history and evolution of YouTubers. While researching the mission I found out a lot about how the content we view if all suited to the individual and you can end up in your own little bubble where you only see what you want to see, stuff that just enforcers your already set beliefs that can sort of explain how trends like flat earth get so big I also learned about how search algorithms for lots of different apps can effect the view of the general population and that there is a conspiracy that Donald Trump used  social media algorithms to help him get elected.
I pretty happy with my results of my experiment they showed how to algorithm word even with a low amount of data from the searches. I was still able to show how the algorithm works if i did it again I would have more topic searches for each account so the search could offer me even better results when making my common searches. out of all my common searches America Egypt and Ireland, Egypt was the least diverse the results where mostly all related to ancient Egypt but I had a feeling that would happen since its such a large topic. The presentation went great except for one thing the way we presented as in the order we did it we had our videos at the end when it would of been more interesting to have them in the middle but besides from that we did a good job and got excellent in our mission 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mission 3: Methodology

When the final mission was giving I really had no idea what topic i wanted to pick even after researching each one and reading the briefs m...